We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that any information you choose to provide us during your visits to our website is collected and used in full compliance of the Data Protection Act. All such information will remain strictly confidential and used only for the purpose described at the time of the submission.
This privacy statement discloses the types of information we gather, how we use it and how to correct or change it.
HOW ANY WHY DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
At certain points during your visit to our website we may ask you to enter personal details such as your name, address, telephone number or email address. You may also be asked whether you consent to use of that data and for what purposes. We will not use your data except to fulfil a request you make when disclosing those details, or if you give consent to allow us to contact you on other matters such as service updates or information on new products.
Where we have your consent to do so, we may use the information to contact you or keep you informed of these new products, service updates or offers that may interest you. This contact may take the form of email, telephone or other methods you have agreed to.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, if we have your permission to do so..
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. You cannot be identified in this data.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages people find useful and which are not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate what you would like to receive. This is now opt-in and if you don’t tick it – you will not receive that information.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to the following address: Somerset Cosmetic Clinic, 23a Bridge Street, Taunton, TA1 1TQ
We will never sell your personal data, and will only ever share it with organisations we work with where necessary and if its privacy and security are guaranteed.
We sometimes receive personal data about individuals from third parties. For example, if we are partnering with another organisation (e.g. you provide your information to another organisation that we are working with in order to fulfil your service requirements). Referral websites would be an example.
We may collect information from social media where you have given us permission to do so, or if you post on one of our social media pages.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Will we disclose the information to third parties?
We will only ever share it with organisations we work with where necessary and if its privacy and security are guaranteed.
Sensitive personal data
Due to the nature of our work we do store sensitive personal data (such as information relating to health). We take extra care to ensure your privacy rights are protected.
We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or where it is necessary in order to:
- enter into, or perform, a contract with you;
- comply with a legal duty;
- protect your vital interests.
We employ a variety of physical and technical measures to keep your data safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, or use or disclosure of your personal information.
Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and we control who has access to information (using both physical and electronic means). Our staff receive data protection training and we have a set of detailed data protection procedures.
How long we store information
We will only use and store information for as long as it is required for the purposes it was collected. How long information will be stored for depends on the information in question and what it is being used for. For example, if you ask us not to send you marketing emails, we will stop storing your emails for marketing purposes (though we’ll keep a record of your preference not to be emailed).
We continually review what information we hold and delete what is no longer required. We never store payment card information.
KEEPING YOU IN CONTROL
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- the right to confirmation as to whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as subject access request);
- the right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason);
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified;
- the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling; and
- where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract. This information will be provided in a common electronic format.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so.
This policy was last updated 16 April 2018