This privacy notice describes the type of personal information we hold, why we hold it and what we do with it.
Information that we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- Personal details such as your name, date of birth, NHS number, address, telephone number and email address
- Information about general health, including
- Treatment plans and consent
- Notes of conversations with you about your care
- Dates of your appointments
- Details of any complaints you have made and how these complaints were dealt with
- Details of the fees we have charged, the amounts you have paid.
Dr Ed Porter is responsible for keeping secure the information about you that we hold.
Those at the practice who have access to your information include the reception staff responsible for the management and administration of the practice.
How we use your information
We will seek your preference for how we contact you about your treatment. Our usual methods are telephone, text or email.
Your information is normally used only by those working at the clinic but there may be instances where we need to share it – for example, with:
- Your doctor
- The hospital or other health professionals caring for you
- Third parties who help us fulfil our service to you (adhering to our strict policies)
We will only disclose your information on a need-to-know basis and will limit any information that we share to the minimum necessary.
Keeping your information safe
We store your personal information securely on our clinic computer system. Your information cannot be accessed by those who do not work at the clinic; only those working at the clinic have access to your information. They understand their legal responsibility to maintain confidentiality and follow practice procedures to ensure this.
We take precautions to ensure security of the clinics premises, the practice filing systems and computers
Access to your information and other rights
You have a right to access the information that we hold about you and to receive a copy.
You can also request us to:
- Correct any information that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Erase information we hold although you should be aware that, for legal reasons, we may be unable to erase certain information
- Stop using your information – for example, sending you reminders for appointments or information about our service
If you do not agree
If you do not wish us to use your personal information as described, you should discuss the matter with Dr Ed. If you object to the way that we collect and use your information, we may not be able to continue to provide your treatment.
If you have any concerns about how we use your information and you do not feel able to discuss it with Dr Ed or anyone at the clinic, you should contact The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF (0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745).
Review date: 15/05/19